My online memoir class starts this weekend - want to join us?
This class is open to all levels - from experienced writers to those who have only written emails. All we require is passion and enthusiasm. You'll learn a lot about memoir craft, we'll do fun exercises to open the creative floodgates and I'll offer feedback on your work. We'll read great writing samples and totally nerd out about words. It'll be awesome fun.
Here are some of the topics we'll be covering.
- Class #1 - Where to begin: on beginnings, middles and ends
- Class #2 - The Hero's Journey: structure and story arc
- Class #3 - "Truth" and dealing with the real life people you write about
- Class #4 - Living like a writer: deadlines, scheduling and writer's block
- Class #5 - Go deeper: show don't tell and finding your voice
- Class #6 - Covering a few Ws: Character, dialogue and settings
- Class #7 - What's next? Pitching, queries, agents, publishing and editing
The class will be held ONLINE - on seven Sunday afternoons:
Oct. 4, 25
Nov. 8, 15
Dec. 6, 13
From 12 - 2 pm PST (3 - 5 pm Eastern)
I hope you'll join me! No grades, no stress, just great information and motivation for your book. Sign up here.
(And if you want a little writing tip to get you started - here you go!)